Sunday, October 12, 2008

Great sermon...

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"
Philippians 4:4

Perfect follow-up verse to my previous post. Rejoice in the Lord...ALWAYS! Rejoicing, or worshiping, when things are not going good is the key to tapping into the river of life and comfort that flows from the Lord's throne. Then...then my friends will the peace of God, which overcomes any anxious thought, GAURD your hearts and your minds. Worshiping the Lord in times of plenty and in times of drought welcomes in the Lion of Judah [the word "Judah" actually means "praise"] to the gates of your heart and he is perched there, guarding against the flaming darts of doubt, of worry, of anxiety, of stress and of fear. Pause for a second and get that picture in your mind...a roaring Lion protecting your heart. Wow!

If you were not at Riverstone this morning, please go to Riverstone's website and listen to Mark Nysewander's sermon. It was excellent and so pertinent to today's world. You will be encouraged and blessed for sure.

Also, my good friend Brad posted an incredible speech by Sarah Palin. It is the subject of the speech alone that has captured my vote for Senator McCain and Governor Palin. Check it out.

Grace and peace.

3 comments:

brad said...

Booyah. That sermon literally changed my life instantly. I can smell the sea air!

Anonymous said...

very true. I loved the message yesterday, it was dead on!

ManUtd17 said...

I listened to that message on the drive back from Gainesville yesterday. Good stuff. Great timing for me too.