Friday, January 12, 2007

Just Peter-in You?

So I did what I said I was going to do on AD's blogspot...and I immediately regret my decision...no im just joshin with you guys. What does that even mean? And, why did Josh's name get picked? Was there a really sarcastic guy named Josh back in the "random-phrase-makin-days"? I mean, what if we said, "Man, I'm just Peter-in you"...wait...I think that could actually work (unlike, "I'm just Justin-in you!").

I really don't know what I'm getting into with this (especially since it took me like 37 minutes to pick out a blog template), but what I do know is that life is tough and I have a lot to say that's on my heart that normally I would keep to myself...except to the Kevin Mann's, Ernie's, and Clay Kirkland's in my life. I just hope it all makes sense to all of the 0-1 readers I will have. Not every blog will be of the spiritual, "look what God can do" kind --sorry, little Stewart reference from MadTV--. Some will be random, some will be short, some will be long, some will make you laugh (I hope, I like to make people laugh), some may bring a tear to your eye (most likely mine and not yours), and I hope some may be encouraging and inspiring to you.

So, until later when I have more meaningful things to write...and believe me, God is doing some wicked-crazy things in my life right now. I find myself thinking, "is God 'God-in' me?" (I know that was stupid but there's a point) By all means no! God puts people, things, events, feelings, passions, yearnings in your life for reasons and/or seasons. Seasons are tough, but necessary (a wise man once said). And it may seem that everything doesn't make sense and things aren't quite working out how you'd thought they would work out, but know this, God is faithful and you will look back on this (7 weeks from now, 7 months from now, 7 years from now, 77 years from now --- i like using 7; i dunno, i just do) and say, "Ohhhhh, so that's what You were doing all that time!" Don't neglect or forget about what He has placed on your heart. Even if things are not lining up how you would like them to; and don't be discouraged (I'm talking to myself here). If you are a Believer, then the desires that are in your heart are God-breathed and God-inspired! You may not feel like He is there or that He is even paying attention to you. Beloved, good thing we aren't called "Feelers"! We are called Believers in a faithful, trustworthy, so unstinkin-believable God that has so many good thoughts and good plans for us! Never shy away from following what's in your heart, no matter when people around you say that it's dumb or it's never going to happen. God is so much bigger than that. The ocean is a perfect example of God: I mean, the ocean is big, we're talking BIG (definitely couldn't have it entirely carpeted). BUT, the beautiful thing about it is, when you are sitting on the beach right at the shoreline looking out into the vastness of the ocean, a soft, delicate rippling of water comes trickling between your toes. How amazing is that?! God is so BIG that He holds all of the water of the seas in His hands!! YET, He wants to be involved in the little, intimate, minute details of your life. Wow!!

Anyway, I wrote more than I had planned to, but whatev (as the saying around here goes).

I will leave you with this (something to ponder and conjeur up a response to): We are nothing but a vessel, a channel if you will (...and I will), through which our living God can manifest the riches of His wisdom, power and goodness. The root of all virtue and grace, of all faith and acceptable worship, is that we know that we have nothing but what we receive, and bow in deepest humility to wait upon God for it!

Grace and peace

No comments: