Here are some random thoughts that have been going through my mind lately...
1) I need a little "Spring" in my life (reference to Steve Hambrick's sermon this past Sunday at RS...check it out at www.riverstonewf.org. It was really good). My days are fairly monotonous and I need a little rejuvenation.
2) Is it possible to be perfect (when it comes to walking with the Lord)? It says multiple times in the Bible that we can be perfect and when I say perfect, I mean without sin. If we are called to be "imitators" of Jesus, then I would say the answer has to be yes. But, is it possible? Again, I think yes. Thoughts?
3) I'm ready for November 4th to be here so we can get this election thing over with.
4) In regards to #3, I need to really seek the Lord and hear what He has to say about this election. I'm wondering if Obama will get elected and we will start seeing things come to light in regards to the Lord's returning. Hear me now, I am not saying Obama is the anti-christ or anything like that. I'm just saying that the Lord's second coming is near and I wonder how this election fits in? That's all.
5) I'm really getting annoyed with ESPN. How far are they up USC's rear! C'mon, do we really need hours upon hours of how "great" the USC team is? Yes, they are good, but I don't want to hear it over and over again. I'm not throwing UGA a pity party or anything like that (because they looked bad on Saturday and they have the potential to lose this coming Saturday if they play the way they did), but they get no love. Kirk Herbstreet didn't even have them in his top 5! What?! No more USC please!!
6) I need to keep up with my family a little more than I do. My grandfather is really sick and I need to call him and my grandmother more. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow...if I remember (see #7). I need to call my brothers more. Family is so important and it is of the utmost importance to stay in-tuned with what's going on in their lives. My little brother needs prayer, in a for real way, and I have dropped the ball a lot when it comes to persistence in prayer. Lord help me be more persistent.
7) I have a really bad memory, especially my short-term memory. Maybe my hippocampus is damaged?
8) Matt Damon is an idiot.
9) I forgot my other thoughts...
Grace and peace.