Thursday, February 22, 2007

Deep waters

I realized after a day of reading and re-reading my last blog (cause that's what I do) that I left off another point about wisdom, revelation and knowing God. If you want, you can read back over the Colossians 1:9, Wisdom and Colossians 1:10 blogs. But a brief recap is that we need to consistently pray to have wisdom and understanding. Paul thought it was important enough to include it in most if not all of his epistles. And from what I learned a month or so ago, Wisdom = Jesus, and the Wisdom we seek and ask for was present before the creation of the world (a mystery I'm still baffled by). Eternal life is knowing God/Jesus. He commands us to continue to grow in the knowledge of God because that is what pleases Him. If you look at Isaiah 11:2, it says, "The Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him (Jesus)--the Spirit of wisdom and understanding...". I have to believe Paul had this passage in mind when he wrote to the churches in Colosse, Ephesus and Philippi. He continually prayed that we would be filled with wisdom and understanding because he knew that by doing so, we would be filled with Jesus. I hope this all makes sense and I'm not losing any of you who are reading this.

Paul also prayed for wisdom and understanding when it came to knowing God's will for your life. Everybody knows Jeremiah 29:11, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" But, how many of you actually read the next verse? It's just as important! It says, "'Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.'" So if you think about this a minute, then you can deduct that once we realize that God has great plans for us, we need to go to Him. We need to call upon Him for Him to disclose what these plans are. Now read Proverbs 20:5, "The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out." God's plans and purposes for our lives are so good and deep. But we have a requirement that we need to fulfill as well. We have to go to Him to draw them out. If you don't know what your kingdom purpose or what kingdom passions you have, I want to encourage you to seek God, call out to Him, draw them out! He will listen to you! That's a promise!

Grace and peace.

No comments: