Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wisdom

I was going to wait until tomorrow to blog about wisdom, but I decided to go ahead and write. I know it's 2:30 in the morning, but I'm awake and in a writing groove, a wroove if you will...I know that was stupid, but hey, it's 2:30am!

About a month ago, the Lord took me through a period where He taught me a lot about wisdom. In James 1:5-6 it says, "If you are lacking wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt." Also, in the first 8 or 9 chapters of Proverbs, most of what it talks about is wisdom. Chapter 8 though is what entralled my heart. It says in verse 12, "I, wisdom....". As you read that chapter, you soon realize that the I is Jesus. Jesus = Wisdom. Therefore, to have wisdom means to have Jesus and when you find wisdom, you find Jesus. It goes on in that chapter saying, "I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began...I was there when he set the heavens into place...I was the craftsman at his side...rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind...". Therefore, Wisdom was present/there before the world was even created. You can go even farther by saying that the other attributes of God (love, peace, joy, understanding, self-control, etc) were present and active before we were even created! This is so hard for my mind to wrap around. Simply put, to have/understand God's attributes, we need to know Jesus! And right now, I don't know Him. I mean I know Him, but I really don't KNOW Him...if that makes sense? So where do you start? In Proverbs 1 (also in Proverbs 9:10, 15:33) it says the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom...well that i guess is my answer. But then the question can be raised, what does it mean to fear the Lord? It means to stand in awe of Him, revere Him, know that He is faithful in all circumstances and trust in His unfailing love, in His promises, which He is always faithful in fulfilling! So it is more than just asking for Wisdom, it's asking and searching to know Jesus! "Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33).

Proverbs 8:35 "For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord."

So Beloved, Jesus is all that you need. If you are searching for wisdom, seek Jesus and you WILL find wisdom. God, I want to know You, I want to know Your Son! Lord fill me with the knowledge of Your Son.

Grace and peace.

No comments: