Saturday, February 9, 2008

I got bit...

Today at work I got bit by a dog. This wasn't the first time and I guess it comes with the territory. If you work around sick, stressed and anxious dogs and cats, you are just bound to get bit every now and then. Anyway, this was nothing major, but he did break the skin on my left pinky finger. It's not that it hurts so much, but it's more of a shock factor. Like, "whoa, did I just get bit?!" I must say that I didn't realize how much I use my pinky finger. Granted, it's not as important as the ole opposable thumb (thank God for this!), but the pinky is still very important for grasping and stabilizing! The rest of the day I found myself holding my pinky out straight as if I were a rich English person drinking tea...or coffee...or whatever rich, English people drink (or at least what I envision them holding a cup like when they drink).

I guess it goes to show you that even when you think you are doing good, sometimes life sneaks up and takes a chunk out of your pinky! But, you have to take a deep breath, press in, hold that pinky out and move on. The bleeding will eventually stop and life goes on (unfortunately not for the dog though...very sad, but needed).

Anyway,

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Grace and peace.

1 comment:

Harrison said...

thats crazy man, I guess you ended up winning that fight though...
Speaking of animals and their mouths... We got a cow to lick tate's face (several times) this weekend, it was funny. i'll show you the video.